Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day

What a great week end. Seriously. I worked around the house all week end finishing projects I had started and put to the side. I knocked them all out this week end and my house is the better (looking) for it. And I did some do it your self projects that really aren't that big of deal, money wise, time wise, or skill wise. This week end I laid down some wood flooring, installed a glass tile back splash in my bathroom and installed bead board wall paper with a chair rail in my entry way. Oh and I also painted my new little reading room. Pictures to come:) This Memorial Day my friend Hopie invited the kids and I over for a cook out at her inlaws house. This was a major blessing for many reasons. My friend Hope is the calmest person I know and I needed calm this week end. Her mom in law is amazing and entertained my kids while I kind of took a breather. Big warning here:Lots of pictures of my kids ahead. i just didn't feel like I could narrow it down too much. These days I want every single one that I take on my blog. :)

Nothing comes between Carson and his pancakes. These seem to be a favorite for breakfast lately. He likes for me to cut them first and then syrup and Kate likes syrup first then cut. I keep forgetting so I always have to ask. Aren't those little eccentricies about our kids so much fun? And only we know them.:)

Just for that little moment in time she was all smiles and I snapped away like it was the last picture my camera would take. I think this one is my favorite.

But I do love a good profile shot of my girl's sweet face.

Ok this one has to be my favorite.

Nope, its this one. :)

Maybe this is just an all around kid thing but I catch both of mine doing it. Their head resting on that little hand looking like they are contemplating something very serious. Lost in thought. If Carson's thoughts could talk "Cars...trucks....rocket ships....more cars....":)

Seriously the key to a boy's happiness. Pancake mix fom a box and syrup. He loves the pancake that comes at the very end. You know that one that turns out all wonky because you don't have enough batter to make a circle? He calls it the monster pancake. He knows that one is all his. Even Kate knows not to even think about asking for that one.

I made this quilt for my beautiful friend Hopie's daughter, Vera. Wait until you see a picture of this girl. She has a very distinguishing feature. Wow! I was way in over my head with this quilt. Way over my skill level but I powered through.


Isn't she gorgeous???? Look at all of that hair! I tease Hopie and say it must have started growing at conception. Seriously this little girl is a miracle baby. She has slept through the night for over 2 weeks. She's only 6 weeks old:)

Miss Kathleen showing Carson the wonders of a pinwheel. I love this about my son. He had only known her for about 2 minutes when she asked him to go outside. He took her hand and off they went.







I know I said it  before but this one is my definite favorite:)


My kids love Hopie. When they see her they shout her name and give her a huge hug. I love that my kids know and love my dearest friends.

Hopie is the kindest person I have ever known. I have never known her to say an unkind word about anyone. Ever. Believe me this world is a much better place because she will be raising a daughter in it.



Determination.

Loves of my life

Can you tell he's saying "Hi YAH!" to all of the bubbles. Karate chopping them of course!

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Really great pics! can't believe how big they are getting!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6