Um Jared...don't look now...but behind you..ummm
Talk about kissing the glass!
Posted by Betsy@Living in the Moment at 6:46 PM
Posted by Betsy@Living in the Moment at 6:52 PM
My favorite entertainment at night is no longer watching TV or reading a book to fall asleep. It is watching my favorite girl do her gymnastics/kick boxing routine in my tummy every night. Just like clock work when I lie down to rest Kate gets her little party started. I can watch my tummy and see her movements. It is literally like watching popcorn pop in your stomach. It's great to watch. We went for our 22 week appointment yesterday and got to see her on a sonogram again. She was so much bigger 4 weeks later. The Dr. confirmed again that she is a girl so the pink walls can stay. I love my Doc. He is just the right amount of calmness and cautiousness. We also started childbirth classes last night with our fellow prego pals Jodi and Derek. The best part was the breathing relaxation exercises at the end. The teacher coaches your breathing through a "contraction." I was breathing so calmly and evenly and tried to remember that feeling, so that 3 months later when I really feel like screaming and huffing and puffing I will have a visual.
Posted by Betsy@Living in the Moment at 4:16 PM
My Mom always says you will never be smarter than you are before you had kids. Now this doesn't mean that you will suddenly go dumb and stupid when a baby comes into your life but let's just say you won't be dispensing wonderful baby and parenting advice freely anymore. I can come up with a million ways to discipline certain random kids that I see but I think that will all be out the window when Miss Kate makes her entrance. I envision something closer to the 3 stooges chaos, slapstick humor instead of the well ordered bliss that was in my dreams. Certain phrases such as "I would never do that" will not be part of my vocabulary anymore as I enter the world of Mommyhood. Last night was a prime of example of me doing something I said I would never do. I have scoffed at water aerobics my whole life claiming that it didn't give me a good work out. I have even been indignant when I have been chased out of the pool by these ladies when I was doing my "Serious Lap Swimming." "It's not even a real work out!" I would say under my breath as I exited the pool Well shut my mouth!!!! Last night I took a water aerobics class as a way to supplement my swimming during the week. It was quite a good work out and perfect for pregnancy. So I have become a quick convert. I can't wait to add to the list of "Things I said I would Never Do." I just love learning about myself don't you? Has anyone else ever done something that they said they would never do?
Posted by Betsy@Living in the Moment at 6:19 AM
Our friends Jodi and Derek brought over a present for Kate the other night that they said only Jared could open. In the picture above you can see what was inside. The most adorable little ruffled diaper panties with Texas Tech embroidered on the back. A better present Jared could not have received for his little girl. Won't she be cute watching the Red Raiders in her Daddy's lap sporting her very own pair of Texas Tech ruffled panties? Stay tuned for those pics!
Posted by Betsy@Living in the Moment at 6:51 PM
When I think of wonderful moments in our marriage I think of course of our wedding day, our anniversaries, and the day we found out I was pregnant. We had another amazing moment the other night. I had just climbed into bed and as is my habit lately I put my hand on my tummy to see if Miss Kate was awake and wanting to play. In the past weeks I have felt little movements, but nothing convincing. "Was that really something? Was it just the way I moved?" Well Monday night I thought I definitely felt something. I told Jared that I thought I felt her moving. Of course as he has in the past weeks he quickly put his hand on my tummy to see if he could feel it also. Then came silence as we waited. Then a distinctive THUMP! We both turned to each other and said at the same time, "Did you feel that?" We just smiled at each other knowing that we had both just felt our baby girl making herself known to her Mommy and Daddy for the first definitive time. Sweet!
Posted by Betsy@Living in the Moment at 6:44 PM
Recently I find myself wanting to sit in Kate's room and just enjoy the peacefulness there. I pray for her and her future when I'm in there. It seems as though everything is so clear when I am in her room. I imagine her cute little face peeking out over the top of the crib or her crawling towards me on the carpet with a determined expression on her face. I have also been reading to her in her room. The other night I read "Guess How Much I Love You" to her (thank you Auntie Care and cousin Reece.). I could feel how sweet she is while I was reading to her. Jared came in and laid his head in my lap as I read to our baby. A very sweet family moment. I know there will be many more sweet moments in this room. I thank God for her present and her future.
Posted by Betsy@Living in the Moment at 6:37 PM
I was tagged by my wonderful sister in law on Friday to write 8 things about me. I will try to make it as interesting as possible but I think I will come up short so bear with me!
1. I hate fresh fruit! I mean, really can't stand it. I could probably choke down an apple if I had to but it must be crisp with out the slightest hint of mushiness. I can't even stand to watch people eat bananas because they make they smooshy banana sound with their mouth. However I love dried fruit and fruit that comes in pies. I know this will probably leave me nutritionally deficient, but believe you me I will be offering Kate fresh fruit as soon as it's possible.
2. I love everything political. I picked this up from my Mom. I love to read non fiction and biographies. I like to know what makes powerful people tick. I love to know what their strengths and weaknesses are. I love to find what made them vulnerable. My Mom and I took a tour of the Reagan and Nixon presidential libraries last February (see what political nerds we are?).
3. I dream of being a really good long distance runner. It's all relative but long distance to me is running about 5-6 miles a day. I have always admired the sport of running. I think I love the self discipline it takes and the fact that when you finish with a good run you feel like you have accomplished something.
4. I am inherently a negative person. I convince myself that if I think of the worse possible thing that could happen to me or people that I love that it won't happen. Kind of like, "Ok I've covered that possibility. I've thought about that so nothing will catch me by surprise therefore it won't happen." In my small defense that is my job as an underwriter. I get paid to discover the worse thing that can happen to a loan and then I measure the risk. It drives Jared crazy because I am always "what iffing."
5. My prayer lifestyle is pray as you go. I try to be disciplined and talk to God for a long period of time but my focus is lacking. I pray for people when they come across my mind which they usually do during the day. For example, the other day I had a conversation with my co worker about her husband who has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and told her I would pray for her. The second she walked away I prayed. I knew that if I put it off I wouldn't.
6. The strangest things strike me very funny. I have a friend who thinks it's hilarious when people fall. (You know who you are). I have a brother, I mean a friend who thinks it's hilarious when people get scared all of the sudden (as in putting a dead lizard in front of your face.) I find humor in the way people say things. I have a slight disadvantage over the people who think that physical stuff is funny as more times than not they do not see why I am laughing at the way someone said something. For example, when we got our new camera Jared kept on talking about the tripod. He kept saying that word , tripod and everytime he would say tripod it would send me into fits of giggles.
7. I only feel comfortable rooting for bad, hard luck sports teams. I feel even a little let down when they win. Where's the fun in them winning? Look at my track record of teams, the Cubs- you can't get more lovable loserish than the Cubs (One caveat here- I really do wish that they would win the World Series this year. It has been too long). The Cincinatti Bengals- if anyone who reads this watches this team they will know that their season is off to a terrible start.
8. I love to pay our bills. I get a thrill out of out of putting in the amount and clicking "send payment." Major accomplishment. I am definitely the finance nerd in our family but every family needs one eh?
Ok I am done thanks for tagging me Care. That was fun. Hope everyone enjoys this and doesn't think I am total weirdo!
Posted by Betsy@Living in the Moment at 6:05 PM