Wednesday, October 3, 2007

8 Things About Me

I was tagged by my wonderful sister in law on Friday to write 8 things about me. I will try to make it as interesting as possible but I think I will come up short so bear with me!

1. I hate fresh fruit! I mean, really can't stand it. I could probably choke down an apple if I had to but it must be crisp with out the slightest hint of mushiness. I can't even stand to watch people eat bananas because they make they smooshy banana sound with their mouth. However I love dried fruit and fruit that comes in pies. I know this will probably leave me nutritionally deficient, but believe you me I will be offering Kate fresh fruit as soon as it's possible.

2. I love everything political. I picked this up from my Mom. I love to read non fiction and biographies. I like to know what makes powerful people tick. I love to know what their strengths and weaknesses are. I love to find what made them vulnerable. My Mom and I took a tour of the Reagan and Nixon presidential libraries last February (see what political nerds we are?).

3. I dream of being a really good long distance runner. It's all relative but long distance to me is running about 5-6 miles a day. I have always admired the sport of running. I think I love the self discipline it takes and the fact that when you finish with a good run you feel like you have accomplished something.

4. I am inherently a negative person. I convince myself that if I think of the worse possible thing that could happen to me or people that I love that it won't happen. Kind of like, "Ok I've covered that possibility. I've thought about that so nothing will catch me by surprise therefore it won't happen." In my small defense that is my job as an underwriter. I get paid to discover the worse thing that can happen to a loan and then I measure the risk. It drives Jared crazy because I am always "what iffing."

5. My prayer lifestyle is pray as you go. I try to be disciplined and talk to God for a long period of time but my focus is lacking. I pray for people when they come across my mind which they usually do during the day. For example, the other day I had a conversation with my co worker about her husband who has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and told her I would pray for her. The second she walked away I prayed. I knew that if I put it off I wouldn't.

6. The strangest things strike me very funny. I have a friend who thinks it's hilarious when people fall. (You know who you are). I have a brother, I mean a friend who thinks it's hilarious when people get scared all of the sudden (as in putting a dead lizard in front of your face.) I find humor in the way people say things. I have a slight disadvantage over the people who think that physical stuff is funny as more times than not they do not see why I am laughing at the way someone said something. For example, when we got our new camera Jared kept on talking about the tripod. He kept saying that word , tripod and everytime he would say tripod it would send me into fits of giggles.

7. I only feel comfortable rooting for bad, hard luck sports teams. I feel even a little let down when they win. Where's the fun in them winning? Look at my track record of teams, the Cubs- you can't get more lovable loserish than the Cubs (One caveat here- I really do wish that they would win the World Series this year. It has been too long). The Cincinatti Bengals- if anyone who reads this watches this team they will know that their season is off to a terrible start.

8. I love to pay our bills. I get a thrill out of out of putting in the amount and clicking "send payment." Major accomplishment. I am definitely the finance nerd in our family but every family needs one eh?

Ok I am done thanks for tagging me Care. That was fun. Hope everyone enjoys this and doesn't think I am total weirdo!

1 comments:

Courtney said...

I think you are such a fun person! I always love knowing more about what makes my friends tick. Thanks for sharing!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6