Friday, October 19, 2007

Popcorn, 22 weeks, and Back to Class

My favorite entertainment at night is no longer watching TV or reading a book to fall asleep. It is watching my favorite girl do her gymnastics/kick boxing routine in my tummy every night. Just like clock work when I lie down to rest Kate gets her little party started. I can watch my tummy and see her movements. It is literally like watching popcorn pop in your stomach. It's great to watch. We went for our 22 week appointment yesterday and got to see her on a sonogram again. She was so much bigger 4 weeks later. The Dr. confirmed again that she is a girl so the pink walls can stay. I love my Doc. He is just the right amount of calmness and cautiousness. We also started childbirth classes last night with our fellow prego pals Jodi and Derek. The best part was the breathing relaxation exercises at the end. The teacher coaches your breathing through a "contraction." I was breathing so calmly and evenly and tried to remember that feeling, so that 3 months later when I really feel like screaming and huffing and puffing I will have a visual.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

These are fun times! Really do try to remember the breathing stuff; it makes a huge difference! Oh, and a sad, little warning. My babies who loved to start their parties about the time I went to bed, didn't change when they came out. :) They're fun!

Kristen said...

Good luck with the breathing! I never really learned it and it was all out the window anyway. I think I managed okay though!
I love watching (and feeling) a pregnant belly also (when I'm pregnant, that is).

Carolyn said...

Grow little Kate grow!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6