Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Did You Feel That!?!?

When I think of wonderful moments in our marriage I think of course of our wedding day, our anniversaries, and the day we found out I was pregnant. We had another amazing moment the other night. I had just climbed into bed and as is my habit lately I put my hand on my tummy to see if Miss Kate was awake and wanting to play. In the past weeks I have felt little movements, but nothing convincing. "Was that really something? Was it just the way I moved?" Well Monday night I thought I definitely felt something. I told Jared that I thought I felt her moving. Of course as he has in the past weeks he quickly put his hand on my tummy to see if he could feel it also. Then came silence as we waited. Then a distinctive THUMP! We both turned to each other and said at the same time, "Did you feel that?" We just smiled at each other knowing that we had both just felt our baby girl making herself known to her Mommy and Daddy for the first definitive time. Sweet!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

This gives me chills! :)

Amanda said...

Isn't it the most amazing feeling?!

Courtney said...

That makes me so excited for both of you! These are those precious moments where you realize that your little gift from God is not going to "detract" or "steal" from your marriage as so many seem to tell you, but she will only add to it and develop a facet of your relationship that you haven't even explored yet!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6