Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Our BabyMoon

They won! Happy Bengals' fans.
Love him or hate him Ocho Cinco brings excitement to the game

This was taken by a player's wife. Nice lady!


A view from inside Paul Brown Stadium



Future Bengals' fan. Kate's little #9 jersey




Jared in front of Paul Brown stadium





The Bengals pregame meeting






I bet you didn't know that Cincy had a skyline!







The tickets! Thank you George and #63 Bobbie Williams!








A babymoon is a popular term right now referring to a couple's last trip together before their baby is born. Some couples go to exotic islands or Europe, but you had to know that Jared and I would do something different than the average Joe. Our "babymoon" consisted of flying to Cincinatti, Ohio to see the Bengals play the Jets. We flew down Saturday night for the game on Sunday. Our seats were excellent! We sat on the 10 yard line 15 rows up. How did we score these tickets you ask? Well, my Mom works with the brother in law of one of the offensive lineman Bobbie Williams. When his brother in law learned about what big Bengals fans we are he offered to get us the tickets that Mr. Williams gets for his family. What an amazing treat! We were in heaven! The weather was perfect and miracle of miracles the Bengals actually won the game! We were sitting next to 2 players' wives which put a whole new spin on the game. It's kind of weird to sit next to someone when their husband missed a tackle in a professional football game and all of the fans are cursing his name. It's also great to sit next to the wife of the player who recovered a fumble and give her a high five as Jared did. We enjoyed some really good time doing what we love the most, just hanging out with each other. As you can see from the pictures above Kate received her first Bengals jersey. I also got her a I "heart" Chicago onesie on our layover in Chicago so she won't forget her Chicago roots. I wonder if there is a I "heart" Crosbyton onesie out there?




















4 comments:

Courtney said...

Fun! We went on a cruise for our "babymoon" and those are great memories!

Melissa said...

Betsy and Jared,

Long time no talk/see!!! I came across your blog via somebody else's and wondered if "Betsy" wasn't you guys - and it is!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!! I am so excited for you guys!! I know you guys will make great parents! There's nothing more exciting than expecting a precious little one!

I know I am awful about keeping in touch, but at least maybe I can do a little better with the blog stuff!

We wish you guys the best and I'll be watching for updates!

Carolyn said...

Sounds like you had a good time - that's great! I can see little Kate making a difference in you Bets! Yay - feeling pregnant is so fun but looking pregnant is too! (I love it anyway!) You look great.

Carolyn said...

And am I THAT out of the loop - I had never heard the term "babymoon" but when I started thinking about it - I guess ours would have been our fun trip to the Big Apple and DC - good times! Look at that - you came on our babymoon - how dare you not invite us on yours!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6