Saturday, October 27, 2007

Under the Sea

That's me petting a shark! So brave!
The penguin 2nd from the left looked like he had a huge fur coat on. Hilarious!

Um Jared...don't look now...but behind you..ummm

I had to laugh because this reminded us of Crush from Finding Nemo.



Scary huh? Sharks have multiple rows of replacement teeth. This guy had 4 rows.




Another shot of the shark.




Here I am with a sting ray flying over my head






Jared demonstrating that his strength is more than a shark bite. Not quite!







They put pumpkins in the water for Halloween. The fish loved eating them.








This bird is giving us the evil eye because we were too cheap to buy that nectar that they can eat from your hand.









Talk about kissing the glass!









If you are ever in Cincinnati (and who isn't?) Jared and I definitely recommend the aquarium. We have been to the aquarium in Chicago and we believe the aquarium in Cincinnati is a lot better. There is one part of the aquarium where you are completely surrounded by water. I can best describe it as a glass tunnel. This is where they keep the sharks, sting rays, snapping turtles and other sea life. They literally swim over your head! We also got to pet sharks. Aren't we brave? We kept saying how all of our nephews would just love this place! The pictures don't do it justice so you will just have to check it out yourselves. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

How fun! I love aquariums!

GriffinSisters said...

Love the shots of Cincy and the game. Glad ya'll had fun. Good Luck Jared on your interview in Lewisville. Love Blair

GriffinSisters said...

Thanks for informing me that we could use the griffinsister "identitiy." I try to get on here at least once a week to check in on you, Jared, and Miss Kate! I'm so loving all the pictures, I just wish I could be there to see your belly grow. Hope you are loving every minute of it!!! You look great! Take care and God Bless

GriffinSisters said...

The recent post is from me, I just forgot to sign it!!!
Shavonne (the goof-ball)

Anonymous said...

I love aquariums too!!! We were thinking about doing a "babymoon" but think we've run out of time. Good for you guys. Tell J-Rod he did an excellent job on the dresser...and tell him he better not still be mad at me by tomorrow.

Carolyn said...

Your nephews DID love it! We went to this aquarium when we were in Louisville this past summer. It was a good time! I thought the pics looked familar and then i read your post! Funny!

GriffinSisters said...

Fabulous, I've finally caught on to this blogging thing! Thanks for leaving me the details.

I had no idea that you were applying Jared, in fact, I worked with the Lewisville retirement account for a while. Small world, huh? You'll enjoy reading the details in the glass cases in the front offices.

Cool idea, Babymoon! Sounds like the trip was lots of fun too! Betsy, I can't wait to get kicked by Baby Kate. I'll bet she likes music too? Jared hooked headphones up to my tummy with Devin just to watch him bounce around. Has he done that to Kate, yet?

I'll blog again later, but just wanted to pop in. . .

Love,
Tress

GriffinSisters said...

Betsy, Jared & Kate:
I enjoyed the penguin pics and aquarium photos. Reminded me too of my nickname from Mark while carrying Devin. He called me "fat-freddy" after the waddling penquin we saw in Hawaii at the Cultural Center! I could only laugh because it was a dead-on description of the way I got around during those last 2 months- you know waddle, waddle, waddle! So now, everytime I see a penquin I think of little fat-freddy and carrying my last baby! Now if Mark had meant it in a mean way, I'd have clocked him, but he was laughing with me and that makes all the difference, right? So if Jared makes a comment that you might consider less-than-sensitive, LOL, clock him! If he's making it and laughing with you, ENJOY the moment. It will be something you'll look back on with much love and truly it goes by really much too quickly!


Love,
Tress

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6