Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Never Say Never!!!

My Mom always says you will never be smarter than you are before you had kids. Now this doesn't mean that you will suddenly go dumb and stupid when a baby comes into your life but let's just say you won't be dispensing wonderful baby and parenting advice freely anymore. I can come up with a million ways to discipline certain random kids that I see but I think that will all be out the window when Miss Kate makes her entrance. I envision something closer to the 3 stooges chaos, slapstick humor instead of the well ordered bliss that was in my dreams. Certain phrases such as "I would never do that" will not be part of my vocabulary anymore as I enter the world of Mommyhood. Last night was a prime of example of me doing something I said I would never do. I have scoffed at water aerobics my whole life claiming that it didn't give me a good work out. I have even been indignant when I have been chased out of the pool by these ladies when I was doing my "Serious Lap Swimming." "It's not even a real work out!" I would say under my breath as I exited the pool Well shut my mouth!!!! Last night I took a water aerobics class as a way to supplement my swimming during the week. It was quite a good work out and perfect for pregnancy. So I have become a quick convert. I can't wait to add to the list of "Things I said I would Never Do." I just love learning about myself don't you? Has anyone else ever done something that they said they would never do?

3 comments:

tara said...

I loved water aerobics my last trimester. I took it Downtown at Harris and it was great. Probably not the most difficult work out but I always felt good afterwards.

Courtney said...

Let me see, I have bribed my child for a moment of peace, stolen a moment of rest with (education or spiritual) cartoons playing, raised my voice to be heard over the din, said yes to something I really wanted to say no to simply because I had not the energy for the ensuing argument, and the list could go on and on. However, pick some things that are important to you and keep saying never! But always be open for an even better option than the one you have currently chosen!

GriffinSisters said...

Hey, Bets and Jared. Not too much further till the 3rd trimester starts for ya'll. Blair

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6