Sunday, September 12, 2010

Create

So even though my sewing time has been greatly diminished (oh how I miss my nap sewing time everyday),  I have still found time to create. I have to definitely limit myself. I used to have 4 or 5 things going at once but now I have to prioritize. Here are some things that I have managed to complete.

I created this quilt for my friend's little boy that was just born. I appliqued his initials on it and barely got finished with it before he was born.


I finished Kate's nap mat in the nick of time even though I started on it way before I started back to work. I love the fabric that I finally picked out for it. Kind of sophisticated for a 2 year old but I think my girl can pull it off.



I also made 10 pillowcases over the last week to give to an organization called Conkerr Cancer. Their mission is to give a pillowcase to every seriously ill child in North America by 2012. I love the story behind their Miles of Pillowcase Smile mission. Please click on their  link to read it.

I just finished making another sock monkey for my neice Marin who is due Christmas Eve. I loved making this for her. I didn't get a picture of it but it is very similar to this one:


Next up I am focusing on a quilt I have wanted to make for a long time. I found the idea on HERE. I am just hoping I have the patience to follow it through to the end. I also really want to make a brown dress for Kate with some white contrast. I am pacing myself but still love the relaxtion that comes from sewing and so thankful that I found this hobby.

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6