Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Game for the Ages

Two weeks ago I sat on our couch and bought tickets to game 6 of the ALCS. Now mind you this was game 1 in the 8th inning. At that time the Rangers were in serious trouble. They lost that game. At the time I was thinking "Oh please Rangers. All you have to do is win 1 game here in Texas and 1 game in New York." That particular friday night it didn't look good. But lo and behold they DID win the next day and then won 2 out of 3 games in New York. They were in a position to have game 6 be the clincher. With a win in game 6 the Texas Rangers were going to their first ever World Series and Jared and I were going. We sat in the upper homerun porch on row 6. We sat by a family that had been going to Rangers game since their kids were just babies. These kids were in their 30s now.
I will never forget this game. A small storm rolled in right before the game started and dumped some heavy rain on the field. But just as quickly as it rolled in, it rolled right on out. I have never been in such an exciting and electric atmosphere. The crowd was with the Rangers for every out, every hit, every catch, every ball, and every strike. There was no lull in this game. When the Yankees intentionally walked Josh Hamilton (they did that 3 times in this game) to get to Vlad, Vlad made them pay with a double and from then on there was no stopping the Rangers. Fittingly Alex Rodriguez was the last out. When the Rangers won it was just pure jubilation. I hope that these pictures will tell the story of being there. I loved being at that game and never want to forget the feeling of being there when the Rangers won the game that sent them to their first ever World Series.
 

1 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Great pictures. You both deserved a fun date. Hope you can get tickets for the World Series.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6