Sunday, March 9, 2008

Check Your Calendars

Kate with her "snowsuit" on. We didn't want to wake her up to put the whole thing on her. But you can get a good idea of how adorable it would be on her.
Accumulation right in our backyard!

Hope had a ball in the snow. She would just run back and forth in our yard. This is a dog that won't go out in the rain!


Big fat flakes for 6 hours!!!



Yes even though the calendar said March 6th we were reminded once again how much the weather can change in Texas. It snowed for 6 straight hours at our house. It was a beautiful sight to see. I had to laugh as I was driving home from an appointment the following morning. This poor little boy had a sled that he was "riding" down a tiny little hill in front of a subdivision sign. I also had to laugh at the pitiful little snow men in people's yards. We used to make HUGE snowmen. You know the kind only a grown up could help you with because they were the only ones tall enough to put the head on top. It made me very nostalgic for the huge sledding hills of my hometown of Naperville. That's where a toboggan is a tobaggan. A tobaggan, as in a large flat sled fitting up to 6 or 7 people that you ride down a very large hill and usually tumble out all over each other at the end. No friends, a toboggan is not a goofy looking hat that you wear in the winter. At least not to me. So enjoy the pictures of the snow. I had to document this "weird" weather. It may never happen again. To tell you what a novelty snow is around here I heard a story about a family from Houston that drove up here so that their kids could play in actual live snow. I think I just heard a groan from everyone up north.









1 comments:

Kristen said...

Toboggan! When I went on a spring break campaign to Boston in college we did this! It's so fun!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6