Monday, March 17, 2008

Kate at 5 Weeks Old







Don't you just want to reach out and pinch or kiss these wonderfully chubby cheeks?

Major accomplishments this week! Kate's neck is getting stronger as you can tell by these pictures. I was amazed that she could sit up like that with out her head flopping over. When we hold her so that she can look over our shoulder she picks her head up to move it around so that she can see everything around her. She takes her naps in her crib now. Wonderful step for both of us! She sleeps for 5-6 hour stretches at night. She moved up to the next size of diaper also (Yeah! No more frequent blowouts!). She still loves to be sung to. I have started to sing "You are my Sunshine" when she wakes up from naps. She seems to really like it. And dare I say it ???I think we are noticing just the faintest hint of some smiles coming our way. I have the feeling she will be a very smiley girl so we are in for some major sunshine in our lives! Thank you God for all of these blessings!!

5 comments:

angela said...

She's precious!

Courtney said...

She's beautiful! Oh, those first smiles just melt you!

GriffinSisters said...

Hi Kate
How cute and sassy you are all dressed up in your pink outfit and looking so big. Thanks to Mommy for posting the pics so we can keep up with you. Love you, Maw

GriffinSisters said...

Oh my goodness! In the very first shot she looks like such a big girl! Seeing all these pictures and how fast she is growing and changing just makes me want to meet her even more. I hope the three of you are doing well, I can only guess you are from your blogs! We hope to see you guys soon.
God Bless,
Shavonne

Unknown said...

And before you turn around she'll be asking for baby-dolls and bb guns, lunch money for the school cafeteria 'cause she doesn't want to take her lunch anymore, her first boy-girl party, her first date, Senior class rings, which university should she attend, graduation and launching her career, bringing home that nice young man who will be your son-in-law?

All this said because time flies so quickly as I know you've seen these past few weeks. Every step and every phase brings new adventures. Heck, I'm still enjoying the adventure of motherhood and mine will always be my babies. I have a feeling you'll be like this too, huh?

Love,
Tress

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6