Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Song in Her Heart



Kate is all about singing. She sings every where but in the car she can really get going. I just love listening to her in the morning as we are driving to day care. She will sing while staring out the window. I tilt the rear view mirror down to watch her and she is just so precious. When she catches me looking at her she breaks out into the biggest grin. Her favorites are twinkle twinkle little star which comes out "dinko, dinko, itto sta, how wa wowa"(twinkle twinkle little star how i wonder" then she breaks off and picks back up with......"u bu bu da wo" (up above the world". I try to fill in the blanks for her but want her to sing as much as possible and work it out in her own head so I try to hold back. Another favorite is the itsy bitsy spider complete with hand motions. Her little spider is the cutest thing going. She also sings her ABCs. She will muddle through the first part and get to "lmno" as one word and then pick it up with "dubbledo) W and Y Z. How priviledged I am as her Mommy to get a front row seat to all of her new accomplishments. Everyday it seems her little world is opened to new possibilities and I get to experience it with her. I am one blessed woman! Praise God for my wonderful singing girl!

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Okay - that is too cute! I wish I wish I wish you could capture that on video (but I imagine that ain't so easy to accomplish!). Pierce is our singer too - you gotta hear him sing "this little light of mine" and "Jesus loves me" - our favorite "mistake" on his part is when he sings..."the Bible tells me no"

Love the pic of her too - what a smile!

Love you.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6