Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Favorite Dress

So the green sprout hat made it into the picture and also went to church on her head. Yeah it's a little quirky but she picked it out all by herself so I just rolled with it. It's hard to tell but the polka dots are actually green so she made a very color coordinating choice!


Very rarely am I completely happy with something that I sew for Kate, especially dresses. I seem to have a skirt pattern that I really like but dresses have really stumped me. I make some cute ones that look great on hangers, but when I get them on little Miss they just don't seem to fit right. I think she has narrower shoulders than the dress patterns I come across so it seems as though everything is falling off of her shoulders. Last night I came across a pattern that I found at THIS website. I love the name of the blog, "Living With Punks." Well it turns out she has a punkette! She made this sweet little dress for her little girl and when I saw the materials needed, 1 yd of fabric, coordinating thread, and bias tape, well I just had to try it out. I love the ruffle and after making it last night for Kate I have to say that this is my favorite all time dress that I have made for her. I will be making many more for her. I like it because to me it is the least homemade looking dress I have made. And ironically it was probably the easiest dress I have made for Kate. Yipeee!!!!! And I love that when I put it on her this morning she didn't run from me and say, "Too small Mommy!!!!" She said, "Oh pitty Mommy!!!" As if to say, "Well finally you hit the dress jack pot!"

2 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Very, very cute!! Love the polka dots!!
Adorable!

Unknown said...

I featured you today :) Come on by and grab a featured button!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6