Sunday, August 29, 2010

Week end Wrap Up

We have had such an amazing week end. We were so blessed just to be near each other. Kate has this cute thing she is doing where she will reach her arms up and say, "Hug?" Like I would ever turn down that request. I scoop her up in my arms and hug her and hold on to her as long as she will allow which isn't very long these days. And then in true boy form Carson plays his funny game where I ask him for a hug or kiss and he shakes his head in the cutest way and says, "No!" But sometimes he relents and gives me the sloppiest kiss ever and I love it. Thankfully Jared lets me kiss him and hug him as much as I want. He's sweet like that. ;)
Speaking of my husband. We got a date night on Friday night at the Rangers game. Our reality is that we see each other 2 weeks out of the month  . When he is gone to west texas our conversations generally sound like this. "Babe can you hear me? Hello? Babe are you there?" Lovely cell phone service. And when he's here our conversations sound like this. Me:Hi sweetie how was you d-"
Kate rushes in "Mommy! Daddy!! Look at this!"
Me: "So really how was your d"
Carson:"Daaaaaaaaaddddyyyy!!!!"
Me: "So as I was saying how was"
Kate:"I wanna go outside!"
You get the picture! SO....last Friday was wonderful. Our little friend Savannah just started babysitting and did a wonderful job. We were blessed to have the time together just to be a couple. Ah bliss!
And now some pics from the past couple of weeks and week end...........

Poor Jared!I LOVE this picture.Somebody got a haircut!Testing the self timer. Jared is so funny.I made this for a friend's baby shower last week end. So easy and fun to make. Fruit kabobs!This little girl cares not one wit about potty training but she has got the washing hands bit down pat!Mimi was in town a week ago. She put Kate's hair in foam rubber rollers. Kate didn't mind at all. Kate adores her Mimi and follows her around like her little shadow when she is here. Last week I was laying in our bed with Kate before she went to sleep and I had my head on MY pillow. Kate said, "No Mommy that Mimi's pillow!" Oh dear!Kate trying to pull off the tourist look. Carson has the right idea as to what his future holds for about the oh next 5-6 months. He's a multifaceted boy. Pushing his pink stroller with his monster truck along for the ride.Me and my girl!

3 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Loved every single picture!! You all look so extrememly happy! Love that you got a date night. Love Kate's smile and that she washes her hands. And I love, love, love the picture of Carson pushing the pink stroller with the monster truck. Made me laugh!!!

Carolyn said...

Great pics. And. Yes. You are putting me to shame - you are still blogging and making me shrink lower and lower in my chair. I need to - I know - I want to - I know - I will - I know -.........someday! Love u!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!! And the one titled "poor Jared" should read "A Blessed Jared" being surrounded by two lovely ladies is EVERY man's dream! ;)

Hope all is going well, from the sound of the blog I'm guessing they are! Sending our love and prayers!

Shavonne

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6