Sunday, July 29, 2007

Caden Monster and Toby Britches
















Jared and I are very blessed to have 7 Nephews!!!! 3 live in Mexico City, 2 live in Austin, TX and we are lucky enough to have 2 live right here in Fort Worth with us. Toby joined the family at the end of March and Caden was born in September of 2003. As you can imagine we have had a lot of fun getting to know both of them. Caden is very special to us and is a constant source of laughter and smiles for his Uncle Jared and Bopsy (as he calls me, although now that he's getting older he says Betsy and I kind of miss the days when Bopsy was the name of choice.) Yesterday we got to spend some really good quality time playing with Caden. We made rings, head bands, and eyeglasses out of play dough! (Who would've thought you could have so much fun with Play dough?) Caden makes me genuinely laugh. We couldn't stop laughing when we realized that the eye glasses looked more like a super hero mask. He made some head gear for me that he said made me look pretty and like an alien and was quite pleased with his creation.Toby Britches (so named by his brother when he was just 4 months in his Mom's womb) is at the stage where he just laughs and smiles. I held him yesterday and tried to get him to smile which he did quite frequently. I would lift him up and down, move him in and out...... and then I heard this big burp come from him. I thought oh that must have felt good! No sooner did I think that when (every parent knows what I'm about to say here) projectile spit up all over him and me! Well that comes with the territory! I'm the first to admit I have a lot to learn about babies. But won't I have a fun time learning? I'm just glad it won't be on video!I really thank God for having 2 nephews that live so close to us. They are precious sweet boys and Jared and I just love them to pieces! I just want to tell our future child "Whoa baby! Are you gonna have fun!"

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6