Thursday, July 26, 2007

Let's go back

As of yesterday I am 10 weeks pregnant. I thought I would record some of the special moments that have already happened in the past 7 weeks since we found out. We found out that we were going to be parents June 14, 2007. I took a pregnancy test immediately when I got out of bed. Jared was downstairs having his daily meditation which consists of drinking coffee and watching ESPN. I ran downstairs and said to him with the test behind my back, "Well, it looks like by this time next year you'll be celebrating father's day." He had this puzzled expression on his face. And then his eyes got big and this huge smile came across his face. He said "Are you kidding?" And I said through tears "No, I'm serious." He jumped up picked me up and hugged and kissed me. By lunch time he was calling me to tell me he had looked up the due date on a baby website. And so we launched into baby world. We are finding out new things everyday about pregnancy. I want to know everything which my Mom thinks is hilarious because she said she went into it blind and girls today have so much information.
Well as luck would have it my whole family except my Mom was coming for Father's day week end. I got the privilige of telling each one of my brothers, sister in laws, nephews (except for Tabor), step Mom and Dad in person. That was so special since we are scattered all over the United States and rarely get together.
Telling my Mom was extremely special. I only wish I could have told her in person. I called her on my way home from work and asked her what she was doing in February. She had no clue and said that she thought the Senate would be very busy and started to go into their schedule. When she finished she asked me why? I said"I thought you might want to be there when your grandchild is born." The next 5 minutes consisted of screaming!

My sister in law Carolyn's reaction was great. When I told her she leapt off the couch and put her baby down and hugged me all in one motion.

The whole week end my brothers' running joke was everytime they asked for a plastic cup and I said "Don't have one." Or "hey Bets do you have juice" "Nope!" Well....."things are going to change around here!"

1 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

Wow, this awesome Jared and Betsy. Okay, wait, let me wipe the tears out of my eye, so I can see what I am typing. I am so thrilled and excited for to 2 of you. Betsy you are the most awesome sister in law. Jared you are an awesome brother. I am lucky to have you both in my life. With that said. I'm so ready for February!!! Excited uncle here! Love, Blair
P.S. Two little love birds sittin' in a tree......

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6