Wednesday, September 12, 2007

1 week to go!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow Jared and I will be one week from finding out if our little one is a boy or girl. As you can imagine this is a much anticipated moment for us. We have been thinking about this and praying for this for so long. We went to our 3rd doctors appointment last Friday and got to hear that wonderful sound of the heartbeat again. This time much stronger and louder. I think I could fall asleep to that sound.

People that live out of town want to know if I am "showing" or not. Well that depends on who you talk to. I will have people tell me that I am showing on the same day that I will have people tell me that I am not showing at all. Hmmmmm..... However, this morning I went to put on my favorite black work pants and found it was very uncomfortable to button them up. Bella band to the rescue!!!!! For those of you who have not heard of this wonderful invention I will explain. Basically it is a tube top looking thing that lets you unbutton your pants and still be comfortable and discreet because it completely covers that part of your pants. Genius!!

Here's another thing about pregnancy. People will say the dumbest things! I actually had a lady at work tell me that she sees me gaining a lot of weight in my rear. Um... yeah ...thanks! And why did she think that would be helpful for me to know? I asked her if she would have told me that if I wasn't pregnant? She said "Of course not!" Then why!?!?!? Oh, forget it!

On that end I have been able to keep up a pretty decent fitness schedule since about 14 weeks. I am walking 2 miles a day and swimming 3 times a week. I am doing everything I can to keep in shape.

I continue to be amazed by the miracle of pregnancy. I am 17 weeks now and every time I get my weekly pregnancy updates I am in awe of how much our "little one" changes from week to week. God is truly amazing! Grow little baby grow! I can't wait to meet him/her. I keep thinking about what our baby will look like. What will their personality be? I can't wait to teach him/her about God and Jesus and how much they love him/her already. They knew about this little one before time began. God already has his/her whole life planned out! I feel so privileged that he has chosen us to be parents of this precious being. What a treasure he has entrusted us with!Would you please start praying for Jared and I and our journey as parents. We want to be the parents that God wants us to be. Thank you so much friends and family for your prayers in advance and for the prayers that you are covering us with now. I ran into sweet Elizabeth Miller last week at church we were both on the way to the bath room. She is due to give birth in 6 weeks. She told me that she prays for me everyday. What a confidence to know that Jared and I and our little one are covered in prayers everyday by wonderful christian friends and family.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so excited and can't wait to find out who Baby Gowens will be?!!! Today we were driving and Little John said, "Jared's going to have a baby." I didn't even know he realized that! He wanted to know "who" it was going to be (it's name). I told him we would know soon!

I have such tremendous confidence that you will be the kind of mother so many kids dream of having. Always remember that it's not about not making mistakes, it's about demonstrating the same unconditional love and forgiveness to your children that you want from them!!! We are pointing them to God, not to our perfection (thankfully)! This baby is going to love the two of you so much. Remember that we are promised, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5) It's a promise! How could we ever do this without our faithful Counselor and Teacher?!

Carolyn said...

Bets!

I am back - have missed our communication a bunch but we finally have internet hooked up again so here we go! Time has passed quickly and before you know it the big question will be answered (hoping baby is cooperative and not too shy that is!). We are excited to know too! I dreamt the other night that your baby was born (and 8 months old at the same time - go figure) and she was a girl! Not sure if that means anything. I do believe that if God gives you a son you will be so incredibly blessed (no biased thinking here!) We will not consider him just another grandson or nephew or boy - but a unique, beautiful individual. And if baby is a girl, well, that will be great too - a much gentler but still unique, beautiful individual!
We are excited to hear the news!

More soon,
Care

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6