Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Pink Shirt at the Airport

My Mom lives in Washington, DC and loves her job. The downside of living in Washington, DC is that she has had to hear everything about my pregnancy (including the announcement that I am pregnant) over the phone. We planned for her to come this past week end when we found out what the baby is. To keep from telling her one more important thing over the phone I told her I would keep the news from her until I picked her up at the airport.I told her that I would be wearing a blue shirt if we had found out the baby was a boy and a pink shirt if we found out the baby was a girl. It was killing my Mom! Especially on Thursday night when she knew that everyone knew. On Friday night at 7 I showed up with my pink shirt on. My Mom came through the doors looking around for me. When she caught sight of me walking towards her with my pink shirt...well there are no words to describe the look on her face. She exclaimed, "Are we really having a girl!?!??!? We are really having a Kate!??!?!" It was so priceless. The whole week end was priceless as my Mom and I got to share in the experience of picking out Kate's bedding and registering for all of the baby things. As my Mom said, "It was a once in a lifetime moment." Thank you Mom so much for sharing in all of this wonderful experience with me. I love you!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you got to do this with your mom! What a special time for both of you. Your mom must be on top of the world!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6