Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kate is One Blessed Girl!!

This week end Jared went to work on Kate's room. Yes friends, in true Gowens fashion we could not wait to put everything together for our little girl. He painted the room a beautiful pink, hung her chandelier (complete with a dimmer, thanks for the great idea Mom!), put the cord cover on her chandelier, ironed and hung her curtains, and hung her letters on the wall. One of the projects that he did for Kate, means so much to me. We decided that we would use my grandmother's dresser as Kate's changing table. Over the space of 2 week ends Jared completely sanded the old finish off and stained the dresser a beautiful mahogany stain to match the crib. It is absolutely gorgeous, and to know all of the work that he put into it for his little girl makes it extra special. Kate is already being taken care of by her Daddy, and she won't even be here for another 4 months!!!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds beautiful!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6