Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh Boy!!!!!!

Our appointment was yesterday at 3:30. When our baby came on the screen it literally took my breath away. We got to see the heart (all 4 chambers), the spine (amazing how those little bones have formed in 18 weeks), the femur, the arms, little feet, the brain, the ribs, the elbow, little hands (I could go on and on!). The baby was moving all around. Flapping arms and kicking legs. Once we could determine that everything looked healthy the Dr. asked us the all important question, " Are we going to find out what this baby is?" Jared and I said in unison, "Yes!" He said," Well I'm 90% sure and I've checked 4 times." All I have to say is, "Look out world, here comes Kate Elizabeth!" It's a Girl!!!!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Bets,

As you know we are "tickled pink" (had to say it) over this announcement. We told the boys at breakfast - well, Reecer guessed it before we could say it. So we are referring to her as Baby Kate right now. They think it is pretty neat - you, on the other hand, might not when they start pouring all their rough and tumble affection on her!!! We love her already and can't wait to meet her.

Prayers continue for this sweet blessing.

Love,
Care

p.s. have a great weekend with MiMi!

Courtney said...

I'm still so excited!!! I was waiting for your phone call yesterday, mostly wanting to hear that you had seen your precious, healthy baby, but also very excited to find out "who" it would be (as LJ says). I told him that your baby is a girl and her name is Kate and he said he wanted to go see her. :) I told him we had to wait until after Christmas and he decided that was okay. We are SO happy for you guys and if Kailey knew what was going on, she would be the most excited of all!!! Another baby girl at the softball fields!

GriffinSisters said...

Bets and Jared....I'm so excited to be an Uncle again. Can't wait to meet little Baby Kate. Love, Blair

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6