Saturday, October 25, 2008

The 19th Hole at Carson's Corner

I thought I would give you a little sneak peek into our sweet boy's room. We are calling it the 19th hole, which is golf teminology for the club house.We still have some finishing touches before we are through but this will give you a good idea. His Daddy put up the chair rail and the wooden squares. He also did the individual golfer stamps around the border of the chair rail.I will show more detail with the finished product. My favorite accessory so far is the clock on the wall. We are going for a vintage golf theme and I think the clock really sets the mood. Plus as my Mom said, "When you stumble in at 3 am you will know exactly what time it is." Good point Mom!
Carson continues to grow and grow. We will be 26 weeks on Tuesday. He is a kicker! Much more so than his big sister. It gives me great reassurance to feel his little kicks during the day and night. I think he also does somersaults and back flips in there! He is already an active little boy.Everytime I look at my blog I see those two tickers at the top and as they move together (in tandem it seems), it only reinforces how close these 2 will be in age. As Kate gets closer to turning 1 year Carson gets closer to his due date. Jared pointed out that at one time during the year we will have 2 kids that are the same age.How cool is that?



3 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

Looks WONDERFUL!!! I know the two of you must be so proud and excited.
James and I are anxiously waiting for November 4 when we are to find out the sex of this baby! We both have seperate opinions on the outcome, either way we just want to find out if he/she is healthy and growing on schedule.
Hope you all are doing well. You are thought of and prayed for often.
God Bless,
Shavonne

GriffinSisters said...

Hey Gowens
The room is looking so great!! I have found a fabric on line that would be perfect for Carson's quilt, now I'll try to find it at a fabric store in Lubbock and get started on his quilt. There are at least 3 places to look so wish me luck. If I can't fin it, I'll try to order on line. Love, Maw

Anonymous said...

Very Cool! Is the green rug just like the one you made for Kate? Looks like grass- great prep for a putting green.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6