Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Be With Me Lord

You know how the Lord puts songs on your heart? And day after day a song pops in your head? This has been happening to me lately. That old song Be With Me Lord has popped into my head almost everyday for the last 2 weeks.

Be with me Lord
I cannot live with out thee
I cannot bear to take one step alone
I cannot bear the load of life unaided
I need thy strength to lean myself upon

I am not really sure that this is the correct order of words but I wanted to write it down exactly how it has been coming to me. It has given me a lot of comfort lately. You know how people say, would you pray for me? Or would you pray for so and so? How many times do I say yes and then don't follow through? More than I'd like to admit. But lately I have been waking up when Jared goes to work (which is pretty early) and I am unable to fall back asleep. God has put these prayer requests on my mind. All of the people in my life who need prayer flood my mind. He's not letting me get away with the old "Yes I'll pray for you....later." I would like to share my list with you. As you read them, I know that you are taking them before the Lord.

1. A dear friend that is in pain and still hasn't found a solution
2. 2 sweet friends who are going through their first trimesters of pregnancy
3. Close friends that are struggling with depression
4. A wonderful friend who is struggling in marriage
5. A friend who is lonely and depressed
6. A couple who is facing the prospect of saying good bye to their child before he is born
7. My sweet husband who fell at work and is going to work in pain this week

There are others and I know that I will think about them the minute I sign off. But I feel good knowing that whomever happens across this blog will now have these people on their mind now. Be with us Lord!

2 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

Good Morning Betsy,
I too start remembering people that need the prayer and comfort of the Lord and there get to be so many that my mind starts to wander into all sorts of directions so...where did the parying stop and my own thoughts jump in there?? Maybe this is our prayers?Just putting peoples name out there to the Lord, in our hearts and thoughts really do count.
Love ya'll, Maw

Carolyn said...

I really love that song too! Praying with you tonight.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6