Thursday, October 2, 2008

Unky Burke



Last Monday I got a call at work. Normally I don't answer my cell phone there but #1 no one was around in the hallway that passes for my office and #2 it was my brother Burke who except on rare occasions keeps his phone conversations under a 2 minute time limit. He said, "I am coming to see you today is that alright?" Sure! This is how planned out he is. You see, my brother is a pilot who gets time off here and there, but sometimes he gets longer extended periods of time off. He spent the whole week with and was a huge help to us. He picked up Kate every day from the baby sitter and then picked me up from work. He formed a special little bond with Kate and he carried her pretty much everywhere we went. Kate just thinks he is the tops. I love the picture above. My big challenge usually is to get Kate to smile, no actually lately it's to get Kate to LOOK at the camera. So there I was trying to get a picture of her with Burke and she was looking directly at the camera EVERYTIME! Unheard of! But guess who wasn't? Yep! I found myself saying to my 27 year brother in a sing songy voice, "Buuurrrkee look at the camera! Give us a smile! Just once! Then were done!" He looks like he is being tortured but actually he and Kate had just been playing on the couch and he had just been saying in a high pitched voice, "Who's the prettiest girl in the world?" Ok the last part was a lie but they were having fun! Thanks Uncle Burke for all of your help. I should also mention that after he left us he went to Mexico City to help out my older brother with his 2 boys while my Sister in Law was in Canada for her brother's wedding. What a great Uncle! We love you Turk! Gums Gowens says Hi and she loves you!

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6