Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Carson, Your Dad and I were second kids to!

Ah the second child. Don't they always get the raw end of the deal? Ten photo books filled with the first child's photos and just the obligatory birthday and Christmas photos of the second child. I realized that I am not tracking Carson's development on this blog like I was with Kate. Pictures every week showing my belly bump progress, how I was feeling, my thoughts. Sorry sweet boy! The truth is my pregnancy with Carson has been very easy so far and he has not required that much attention as it were. He just seems to keep growing and taking everything in stride. Typical second child.But here is a post dedicated to my wonderful second child. On Monday we went to the Dr. and heard that galloping horse sound otherwise known as his heartbeat. It was and always will be one of the best sounds in the world to me. So strong and loud! Every now and then it would be punctuated by a deep thump (a kick). I asked my Dr. what my chances were that Carson would be early like Kate was. He said my chances were pretty good since she was so early. He said, "Let's put it this way. I don't think you will make it to your due date (February 3rd). I think this will be a January baby." Hallelujah!I think my Dr. has some intuition since he is already wanting to see me every 2 weeks and I am just 30 weeks. With Kate he started seeing me every 2 weeks at 36 weeks. In 4 weeks we will have our 3rd and final sonogram. Hopefully he will be in the right position and ready to go. I have learned that resting my body does not necessarily mean closing my eyes and going to sleep. If I can just lay down for a little bit I feel better.I have had very severe allergies with this pregnancy. It is hard for me to get a full nights rest in because I am so congested. I experienced this a little bit with Kate but this is on a whole new level. Other than that I feel very blessed to have a good easy going pregnancy so far. His room is almost finished save for hanging a couple of items, finding a glider/rocker, and putting Maw's wonderful quilt over the chair.Side note- Jared's grandmother AKA Maw makes these amazing quilts for each and every grandchild in her family. We had a little baby boom in the Gowen's family in the last year so she has had to make FOUR quilts including Kate's and Carson's. Jared's cousin James and his wife, Shavonne are half way through to having their second boy which will make the fifth quilt.These quilts are very special. You can see Kate's in every picture of her pink chair. It is beautiful and I can't wait to see Carson's. I know it will be just as wonderful. Thank you so much Maw for all of the hard work that you put into these quilts. They are very special to us. Another side note: I think that the "I'm the big sister shirts and I am the little brother" shirts are so awesome. I went to look for one for Kate and it seems that people don't have kids as close in age as ours will be.The smallest I could find was one for a 2 year old. So when you see those wonderful pictures of Carson's birthday and Kate looks like she is swimming in her "I'm a Big Sis" shirt you'll know why! Ok, so you see the ticker at the top? Now we have at the MOST 69 days to go until we meet this boy Carson. Come on sweet boy, we are so ready for you!

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6