Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kate in Black and White

I have always loved unposed pictures. Pictures snapped when people aren't looking or aren't performing for the camera. True expression capture true feelings. With a baby Kate's age unless I am acting goofy and pulling a really weird face that I would be embarassed to show in public I get the true Kate. Here are some pictures that I took of her today that show the true expressions. Not the "smile for Mommy! Kate look over here! woo hoo Kate!" expressions. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. Here's my girl in all of her "realness."




3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I agree with you Bets on the joy of capturing the real thing. And sometimes it is just worth it to even snap the whining, the tears, and the grumpy looks too. They are, after all, the reality of daily life....in most houses - not in mine of course (my boys never act that way) do I sound like anyone you know??? :)

Love ya! Hope Kate feels better soon.

And I just saw 89 days to go until we meet Carson's face. Unreal!! Hope you are feeling great!

GriffinSisters said...

LOVE the black and whites!!! James and I still look back on some of the candid shots I took/take of Brock and just laugh. One of my absolute favorite is one of him when he really started to learn to pout. He had his bottom lip thrown out and tears in his eyes.
A suggestion if you haven't done so already, take a quick shot of her little hands and feet too. It's amazing how fast they grow!
Hope you are doing well.
God Bless,
Shavonne

Anonymous said...

Happy 9 months Birthday our sweet little Miss Kate!

Love your black & white cover girl shots. I think they're adorable!

Auntie Tress

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6