Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Zoo

Price of an adult admission to the zoo on Half Price Wednesday: $6.00
Price of admission for a 9 month old to the zoo: Free (thank goodness!)
Price of parking: $5.00
Riding around in your stroller in the sunshine, people watching, and talking non stop: Priceless (to Kate)


This picture is for you Alie! See, the leaves really do change in Texas!

Kate got a kick out of the snake/lizard house because the animals were right next to the glass and she could see them up close. Although I'm not really sure that it wasn't her reflection in the glass she was reacting to!




Here's our green girl with a penguin racing past her. Did she look? No! She was more interested in the kid next to her!

Getting a snack in




We love our weeks off with Daddy










Here was our best find of the day. A spotting of the rare 9 month old species of a Kate. Simply beautiful!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Okay I cannot wait to hug that little girl and pinch them cheeks! Great pics and I am glad to see you making memories like zoo trips. Love you lots - catch you by phone...tonight? Call me! Call me - not Benjy - call me!

casterline said...

I love the picture of the leaves! I'm glad you get to see some of the beautiful colors all the way down there. I'm also jealous of your trip to the zoo. Can you believe I have never taken Emma! We will be sure to do that this summer! Love ya!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6