Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gobble Gobble!

For Kate's first Thanksgiving we decided to head to Waco to be with Jared's Mom's family. We left on Thursday morning and stayed until Saturday. We had a great time spending time with family. Jared played some golf with his uncles on Friday morning and Kate and I hung out with the girls and the boy cousins. I quickly realized that my little girl was seriously out numbered by the boys but she took it in stride and picked up the cars and played. I worried a lot about breaking up her routine. I worried about how she would handle 2 days with out her scheduled naps and her crib where she has been used to sleeping for so long. I didn't need to worry. She improvised and took her naps on my shoulder and slept in her pack n play 12 hours straight both nights with out a peep. Thanks Uncle Burke for that pack n play. Almost 1 year later it was a life saver. On Saturday morning I got a wonderful surprise baby shower. Our family was blessed with presents for our boy Carson. Let's just say this little boy will be very well dressed. Thank you to everyone for the wonderful gifts! Here are some pictures from our week end. Next up? Kate will be 10 months old on Monday,our last sonogram for Carson on the 22nd, and Kate's first Christmas!





The cousins picture, slightly more organized than the Halloween picture

The Gowens Family

Jared's Aunt Sheron introduced Kate to a new buddy, Curious George

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6