Thursday, December 25, 2008

A First Christmas

I have to say that this has been one of the most enjoyable Christmas Days I have had in a long time. I had begun to think of Christmas as just another day in years past. But today changed my perception. I loved today. It started with Jared, Kate and I spending some family time in our bed when she woke up. It was great to experience Christmas through her eyes even though she really didn't know what it was all about. My Mom and I cooked some of our traditional favorites together. It was fun being in the kitchen with her and asking her questions about recipes. Jared's family came over in the late morning and we took pictures, and ate (the food was delicious and plentiful!),opened presents, and played 2 fun board games. We had so much fun just talking and laughing. When everyone left Kate played with her new toys and was ready for bed early. She had such a big day! But it was such a good day. Enjoy some pictures from Kate's wonderful first Christmas. In many ways, I felt like I was experiencing a first Christmas also. I hope that everyone had a blessed day. I feel so thankful. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

Thanks so very very much for the Christmas Video. Felt like I was there with you (nearly) Everyone looked so sweet and beautiful!!
God Bless,
Maw

GriffinSisters said...

Wow Bets...You are getting really good with this stuff..Thanks so much for that video...We had so much fun at ya'lls house at Christmas....Love you guys very much! Love, Blair

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6