Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Carson's Sonogram

Yesterday we had Carson's last sonogram. I was excited to post it on the blog but to tell you the truth, he is so cramped in there I couldn't make out anything very clear.I can tell you some things that we learned from the sonogram which are very interesting (at least to me!)

1. Carson is in the correct head down position and ready to go.
2. His head is down, his bum is up by the center of my chest, and his feet are near his head at the bottom! He is almost folded in half! Sounds like a very uncomfortable position but he seems to be very comfy cozy!
3. Hopefully he will stay in this ideal position until he is ready to be delivered. My Dr. said that once babies get in this position there is a less than 2% chance he will turn
4. He weighs about 5 lbs right now. He will gain about a 1/2 pound a week.
5. The average of his calculations are measuring for a February 4th due date. Not far off from my original due date of February 3rd. Here is something I am worried about, his head is measuring for January 25th!

Jared, Kate, and I are looking forward to spending time with Jared's family on Christmas day at our home. Then we will be doing Christmas with my family New Years week. We hope that all of you have as much fun with your families as we are anticipating we will have with ours. This time of year reminds you how special it is to have family near and how blessed we are by each and every member in our family. And when you see the added joy they bring to your little girl it's such an added bonus. We love our families! Maybe it's the fact that we have a child this year but I feel more of the Christmas spirit than I have in a long time.

3 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

GOD BLESS!!
LOVE, MAW

GriffinSisters said...

Sounds like Carson is doing well!!! I noticed your last "lesson learned" and couldn't help but smile. Remember that Carson will come on HIS time, besides don't let the sonogram worry you in any way. If mothers did that I would have gone through my entire pregnancy with Brock in fear. Sometimes technology isn't as much of a miracle as people claim plus it cannot predict when the Lord when send this sweet boy to you!
Keep smiling and kiss that sweet girl for me!!!
Sending love and prayers
God Bless, Shavonne

Anonymous said...

Can't back out now, LOL! I think male doctors love to tell expectant moms all the gory details... like head size. Let's see a male push a basketball out their woohoo, hahahaha! Female doctors would say something like, "My goodness, he's going to be very smart! or "not to worry, all's Fabulous here, growing like a weed, right?

But despite all the lack of understanding of actual delivery, vs. just being present, it's incredibly reassuring to have a Doctor around to insure the safe entry of CJ.

Happy first Christmas Kate! You've been a really good girl this year, so I know Santa Clause will visit your house.

Love to you all,
Auntie Tress

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6