Thursday, December 18, 2008

Carson's Quilt and a Kate Update

We received Carson's quilt in the mail yesterday. I would have to say that Maw has really outdone herself this time. It is beautiful and as with anything this special the pictures do not do it justice but I had to try and post some pictures to give an idea of how great it looks. Not only did she make it a golf themed quilt but she made it an antique golf quilt. Thanks so much again Maw. It is truly special!



Well I do have to say that Kate is offically over the Virus of 2008 as we came to know it in our family. I waited a week to post that sentence because that virus had a clever way of proving me wrong. My Mom would call everyday to ask how Kate was doing and just when I would say "she's doing much better" or "I think we have turned the corner." She would get sick again. Now I am just praying that she won't catch this cold that I have. I used to have an immune system of steel. I would get sick once maybe twice a year. It seems like when I got pregnant I pick up everything that floats by! Did anyone else experience this while pregnant? Someone told me it is because your immune system protects the baby instead of you. It is so frustrating to me. I have become an expert handwasher and Lysol spray and wipes are my 2 best friends but I still pick up anything and everything. Another question, how do you as Moms keep from giving your sickness to your kids? I would appreciate any advice! Hopefully when Carson is born my immune system will be up to speed. It won't be long now!

2 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

Hey you guys
I could not believe it when you called last night to say you had received the quilt. I mailed it on Tuesday and you got it Wed, WOW, even letters don't get there is one day???? So glad you are pleased with it and hopely it matches the room. So glad Kate is better and she sure was talking last night, so cute. Love, Maw

GriffinSisters said...

Oh Betsy, do I ever hear you! My immune system is down too and on top of all of it I have the 2st year teacher thing playing against me. I drink ALOT of hot tea in the morning and throughout the day to keep me going but I don't have any big solutions or tricks. For me SLEEP (I know every mom is laughing now) is the best thing to help me out, even if it's just getting to sleep in 30 extra minutes and possibly squeezing in some kind of nap. Just know that you aren't alone!
Take care of you and Miss Kate. The quilt is great, Maw gave me a sneak peek at Thanksgiving! Sending our love, God Bless
Shavonne

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6