Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

March 15th was going to be a day that has become all too familar to me. I was prepared for it this time. My mind set was in order. My game plan was tight. My point of view and attitude were different. I was in full trusting God mode. I planned to take a job at a very large bank in the area and start on March 15th. My prayer at the time that I got the job went something like this, "Dear God, thank you so much for this opportunity. I feel fully blessed to be able to work and I thank you so much that this time our kids will be in Jared's care. I trust the plan that you have for our family Lord. Help me to be brave and face this new job head on and with the hope that you want me to have in our future." And then I would throw in this extra prayer."And God, if there is ANY way that you can make it to where I can still stay home with our kids PLEASE make it so." I had prayed that last prayer before. When I took my last job I prayed that prayer up until the morning of my first day. At the time God said no to that prayer. But this time, it was different.

On Saturday afternoon Jared and I were sitting there watching TV when Jared got a call. He mentioned that it was an Abilene area code. The conversation from Jared's end went something like, "Oh, I'm just working on building business for my mobile closing business." "No I don't have anything full time." "Really???" "Is it stable?" "Really???" "Hmmmm...well let me talk to Betsy and I'll give you a call back."
As you can imagine I was on pins and needles. It turns out a guy who he had worked with on the gas rig last year was calling him to offer him a position. They were bringing the rig out of repair and just signed up for 18 holes (which translates to about 1 year of work at least.) We really couldn't believe it. It seemed amazing to us that out of the blue this guy called with this kind of opportunity. Of course this opportunity is not with out sacrifice. One MAJOR sacrifice as a matter of fact. But Jared took it as the gift from God that it was. We are so thankful that God dropped this right in our lap. So this picture will again be a familiar sight.

And can I just say how amazing this man that I married is? This man that is going to work so very hard to provide for his family. This incredible man who is working so hard so that I can stay home with our kids. He is sacrificing A LOT for us. So we will continue to trust in the promise of Jeremiah 29:11. Trust that God is leading our family every step of the way. Trust that God will protect my husband every second. Trusting God that he will protect our marriage and our family. Trusting God in ALL aspects of our life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such exciting news!!! I know the two of you are having mixed emotions but it sounds like your trust is with the Lord and that's all you can do! We are so very proud of you for keeping your heads up and just believing! Will continue to pray for your family

Love and prayers<3
James, Shavonne, Brock and Brice

Anonymous said...

Life can be so confusing when we feel lost, not knowing what tomorrow will bring. I am so proud of the two of you for your great faith and willingness to follow where you are led. As you know, God is always in control and He knows the outcome, even more awesome. The last two years I have had to live each day on faith alone, which is scary, but here I am, still making my way. God has provided just what I needed each day, nothing more, nothing less. Praise God! He will protect all of you I know. Love you!!, Maw

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6