Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Blanket for Hollis

My brother Burke and his amazing wife Stacey are having their 2nd girl in February. Her name will be Hollis Adelaide. I love that name! I decided to make her a little blanket early this time. For her big sis Marin I didn't have her blanket finished until she was about 6 months old! I didn't have as much time with Hollis' blanket as I did with Marin's but I still wanted to do something special for her. Her cousin Kate actually picked out this fabric. It was just this fabric laid over some minky dot fabric and then I bound it around the edges and corners with some blanket binding. With every project I do I try to learn something new. This time I learned how to do a properly mitered corner (as opposed to awkwardly shoving the binding around the corner:))  




I loved the fabric on this blanket so much I thought about keeping it. But then I realized that nobody in our house had a name that starts with "H" Just kidding. This blanket was meant for Hollis.

My properly mitered corner. Yes, i am a sewing nerd.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6