Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm Thankful for Turkey Pops

I am so bummed this year because the kids school does not allow homemade treats to be brought in for parties. Poo on them I say! So this year my creative efforts will be enjoyed (hopefully) by my wonderful coworkers. These people are so much fun to work with and are a big reason why I never get the Sunday night blues. They are so hilarious and we have a lot of fun at work. Which is nice, because I spend the majority of my day with them. So it is only fitting to give these to them. I really am thankful for them. Although I do expect some of them to say "Betsy what the $%^$ are these?" Yes some of them curse like sailors, but believe me their hearts are big and are made of gold.

On a total side note from Turkey Pops, tonight Kate was singing a song that we hear a lot on this CD that I play ( I love Gateway's God Be Praised Worship CD). The real words are "Praise Him! Praise Him! Let all the people praise Him." But Kate sang"Taze Him! Taze Him!" I can't help but think of an episode of Cops. Anyway, she cannot be convinced otherwise so if you hear her singing just know that we are not teaching Kate to "Taze" God. And now for the pics.........

I assembled the faces before I dipped the pops. That's an orange M&M, a yellow starburst rolled out and cut into little triangles for the beak  (thank you leftover Halloween candy! I only used one for all of the pops) and edible ink for the eyes.

These were probably the easiest pops I've made yet.

Gobble! Gobble!

Peace out Turkey!

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6