Saturday, March 10, 2012

Miss Kate Goes to Washington

Washington DC is my favorite city in the world for many reasons. But mostly it because my Mom lives there. Kate and I got a chance to get out town on a girls week end for a few days at the end of February. And even though traispsing through monuments and museums is not completely up a 4 year old's alley I can definitely see potential. My Mom and I lavished attention on Kate the entire time and she was all loved up by the time we stepped on the plane to go home.

First stop was Arlington Cemetary


After I took this picture a security guard came over and told Kate to get off the wall. Yes we are the rebels.

The eternal flame at John Kennedy's gravesite 

The Lee Mansion

My favorite view in the entire world.

The Capitol and the Washington Monument in the distance

Robert Kennedy's gravesite

Ted Kennedy's gravesite

Another view of my favorite view. It's even more beautiful with the cherry blossoms in bloom



There were ladies at the Lee Mansion that were dressed in period costumes. My Mom and I thought they were wonderful.

Kate ran away from them.

The head stones all lined up like soldiers at attention standing in formation. It never fails to leave me in awe.

We went to a diner afterward

Princess Kate with her cookie crown

The Kate seal of Approval!

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6