Saturday, March 10, 2012

Monuments and Museums


The brand new Martin Luther King Jr. monument




the view from the Lincoln Monument

Lincoln Monument

How do you get your sulky 4 year old to take a picture with a famous monument with out causing a scene?......You trick her! (See Top Left) Ha!

Kate by the Vietnam Wall

The view of the Washinton Monument from the Wall

i could not get her to take a picture in front of a major monument, but the vietnam womens' memorial was game.

My favorite Memorial. the Korean War memorial

the faces are haunting

Running away from something.....probably my camera.

The Smithsonian Natural History Museum




Taking in the butterfly exhibit




The best museum in DC, the American History Museum. And the only thing I can remotely get her to take a picture with is Dumbo.

I parked her on the bench and looked an exhibit close by. She made herself very comfortable. Notice the removed shoes.

On the way to dinner with mimi and her friends.

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6