Tuesday, December 11, 2007

33 Years....................30 Weeks

Yesterday was my 33rd Birthday. I celebrated it exactly how I wanted. First of all I took the day off! I woke up at 9 and had a bowl of Fruity Pebbles (I think they have improved Fruity Pebbles). Then I watched the showcase show down on the Price is Right. Does everyone but me know that Bob Barker retired from the Price is Right? It was shocking to see Drew Carey on there as a host. He was more than awkward. When both contestants lost their showcases (very rare) he said, "Well that was a real bummer." Hardly up to Bob Barker standards. Ok back to the Birthday. After that I went to get a pedicure with red nail polish. I then met Jared for an afternoon movie. Then we met my brother Benjy for dinner at Cheddars. I should say we almost met him. We waited for awhile and we never saw him. (It's a long story but he was coming through town on the way back to Mexico City). We had a good birthday dinner. I then went to swim and had a great time of relaxation. After that I planned to meet the girls at Starbucks. By that time I had connected with Benjy and he met me up at Starbucks. We got to spend about an hour together before he had to get back on the road. It was a Birthday with random events but I wouldn't have had it any other way. I realized that this will be my last Birthday before I am a Mom. By my birthday next year Kate will be about 10 months old! Amazing. Year 32 held many blessings for me including strengthening my relationship with my Lord and growing our marriage spiritually. I know that year 33 will be very pivotal and monumental in my life. Please pray for me that I will look for and listen to the many lessons God will teach me this year as I continue to grow in Him and take on the new role of Mom. It's amazing how he has enabled my growth as His daughter and as a wife to Jared. I have learned so much, but I still have so much to learn. It's amazing how He has poured out his blessings this year on our marriage, our careers, our families, and now our own growing family. Blessed be the name of the Lord!!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad it was wonderful - you deserve some pampering. I'm certainly glad you were born and thrilled God put you into my life. I pray that this time next year you can look back on a year that surpasses all of your expectations as you grow in every area of your life! Love you!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Betsy! I'm glad it was a good one!

GriffinSisters said...

Hey Bets!! Happy Late Birthday. Hope you got my email and blog birthday wish to you. Love you bunches! Blair and Jay

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6