Friday, December 21, 2007

Kate, the next Mia Hamm???

Yesterday, I went for my 32 week check up. Everything seems to be rolling right along. I had some concerns about high blood pressure but I checked out ok and my Dr. will be monitoring my blood pressure every week now. I also told him that I was having some pain in my right rib area. He talked about the possible causes of this pain and I asked more questions (My Dr. is awesome about that. He lets Jared and I ask as many questions as we want and we never feel rushed.) I think we've all had those Drs that are backing out the door with their hand on the door knob as you're trying to get every question in. The next part of my check up was my 32 week sonogram. I had eagerly been anticipating this because last time we saw her she was a wee 18 weeks old. Now of course 13 weeks later she is huge! She is weighing in at 3 lbs 10 oz, which is right on target for now. The Dr had some concerns at my last appointment that she was going to be on the big side but she seems to be an average weight for now. Back to the pain in my right side. When the Dr came to her feet I saw exactly why I had been having pain in that area. Our dear sweet girl is already in head down position so her feet are positioned at the top, right under my......ribs!!!!! So she has been practicing her soccer moves against my ribs for at least the past 2 weeks and will probably be doing so until she is born. My work friend Kirsten thinks that maybe she will be the next RiverDance Superstar!!! Now that I know the source, it is welcomed pain because I know she is getting stronger. This morning I was sitting in a meeting and just watching my stomach jump up and down. My coworker Jason looked across the table and smiled because he could see it to. I will try to get a picture up here of Kate and I as we hit the 8 month mark (I can't believe it!). Our girl will be here before we know it and we still have so much left to do. We actually saw her face yesterday(as best as one can on a 2D sonogram). She was blinking her eyes and looking right at us. She looks like her Daddy I think. :) I still haven't had the urge to "nest" yet. But I am not a neat freak person either (no snide comments here sweetie). I was asking my prego pal Jodi if it's possible to have the nesting instinct but still want somebody else to do it for you?

4 comments:

Erica and Cary said...

Isn't it modern society's way to want something and have someone else do it?!?! I think this just means you've evolved more than you're friends who nested on their own...since I don't know them I can say that with confidence! ;)

Kristen said...

Watching them move is great isn't it! I love that part. Hopefully she will move just a bit and give your ribs a break (not literally). Love the updates, looking forward to the picture, wish we saw you guys more often.
Sorry about your mom! I know she's crushed to have to miss these big events for you. Maybe you can send her video???

Did Jared look at the test results yet?? Daniel was a bit disappointed.

angela said...

Alex did this same thing when I was pregnant with her. The right-side of my rib cage killed me! She would kick it over and over again. She was actually born with a large bruise covering one of the heals on her foot. I remember thinking "that's what you get for kicking me!" The soreness in my ribs did not go away for a couple of months!

Carolyn said...

So thankful all is well with both of you...still praying for you though! Have a special Christmas - we love you...all 3 :)

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6