Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Amazing Mimi

My Mom came to stay with us from the Saturday after Kate was born until that Tuesday. Then she came back again from this past Saturday until Thursday morning. It was awsome to have her here. She cooked homemade meals for us every night she was here. Delicious casseroles made with love and not an ounce of fat free or "health food" in them. ;) She also gave us a welcome break watching and holding Kate so that we could sneak a couple hours of sleep here and there. Any new parent will tell you that is like the gift of pure gold. My Mom lives in DC and works in the Senate and is very into politics. So naturally Kate stayed up with her and watched the primary on Tuesday night. By the way Kate thinks she will vote for Barack Obama because he believes in change. She to believes in change (changing diapers, changing clothes, changing bottles etc.) Maybe I should explain to her the kind of change Obama is talking about. Did I also mention that my Mom did all of these things for us while wearing a "boot" on her foot? She is still recovering from surgery on her achilles tendon. She also took me out to get my hair cut yesterday and out to lunch at Mi Cocina. (Jared's Mom came to watch Kate so that we could make this outing possible. Thanks Nana!) Thanks so much for being there for all 3 of us this week Mom. Kate enjoyed being with you and already misses her Mimi's comfortable shoulder to sleep on. We can't wait to see you in March! We love you!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Aren't Mom's wonderful. There is just something about them! I am glad she got to be there for a few more days and enjoy her sweet grandbaby. You gotta know it is killing me that I haven't held her yet....so....just tell the world to BACK OFF when March comes and we are there. She is mine!

Courtney said...

Aaahh, mothers. Other people can help with the baby but no one else can care for YOU quite the same way. Thank God for them!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6