Monday, February 18, 2008

Celebrating 5 Years


5 years of marriage and 1 week after Kate's birth. If we look like we are trying to hold each other up, well that's because we are!
Friday, February 15th was our fifth anniversary. We celebrated by going to Salt Grass Steak house while Jared's parents and sister took care of Kate for a couple of hours. It was wonderful to get out of the house for a while and just share a couple of hours with Jared. We surprisingly found a lot to talk about other than baby things. This was a very different anniversary in wonderful ways. Very low key but a day to celebrate. I never take for granted that our marriage would not exist with out the leading of God. I told Jared in our vows 5 years ago that it was such a great gift to know that you are loved. I did not even know the meaning of the word love the day I got married. Through different experiences over our 5 years of marriage I have just started to discover the meaning of love. Not fairy tale love (as I thought of it the day we were married) but real love. The love that comes from commitment through the nitty and gritty of life. The love that comes from just wanting to sit next to someone and not having to say anything. Just being there with them. God has given me the precious gift of being loved, truly loved.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy Anniversary! You are a wonderful couple and the love you have for each other is so evident in your words, actions, and attitudes toward the other! I pray you have many, many more years together!!!

Wednesday said...

Hey y'all,

I got Jared's message on my cell phone last night. Congratulations on your new little beauty and on 5 years of marriage! I am loving looking at the new pictures and stories on my lunch break everyday. I looove the cheesy high school picture pose. We are all so proud of y'all and ecstatic to meet Kate soon.

Love y'all,
Meredith and Michael Egan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary! You two are so cute together and you are an inspiration to Erin and I. Our 5 year is coming up in August. Kinda funny how both of us are going to have a brand new baby when we celebrate number 5. God's kinda funny that way sometimes. Kate is adorable! I want to have her fall asleep in my arms again soon.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6