Monday, February 4, 2008

Just slide............


38 weeks and I can't believe it. I feel like I am at the top of a slide. I am trying deperately to hold on to the top of the slide of pregnancy. Oh please let me experience this wonderful feeling of my child being inside of me a little while longer! It's so precious to feel her stretching inside of me. At the same time I want those first beginning contractions to start peeling my fingers away one by one as I rush down the slide toward being a Mom. I really do feel like that. I feel like I am plunging into the wild unknown. But what a wonderful unknown it must be. I know that many women before me have done this but I just feel so unprepared for it. Of course I have all of the physical things set up for her. But just the awesome responsibility it will be to raise this little girl with Jared. I want her to know and love God that's for sure. I want her to respect other people. I want her to be a kind person. I want her to stand up for herself. I want her to be humble. I want her to feel safe in her parents' love. But how do you make these things happen? Example? teaching? influence? A little dumb luck? Oh God, please help me! I feel like my reliance on him will increase 100 times. Well now, maybe that's the purpose.

5 comments:

Erica and Cary said...

She will be a near perfect child and you both will be near perfect parents! I have faith in that!

Carolyn said...

No pressure from the previous comment :)

Beautiful pics - absolutely beautiful.

It is a special thing to have that little one inside but nothing in comparison to holding her in your arms!

So....slide! It is an exhilirating and incredibly amazing journey that will change you more than you ever could have believed - you will become much more intimate with God in such a unique way as you understand much deeper his relationship to us as a Father. And I agree with your thoughts....your reliance will increase! I was just reading today how much we, as parents, need tons of wisdom poured out on us daily!!!

As if I haven't said this before....soooo excited for you in these next days/weeks!!!

I love you Bets!

GriffinSisters said...

Wow, I can't believe you're at 38 weeks!!! I can remember being in the exact same shoes, being so ready to meet our child yet terrified of the unknown.

You and Jared will be wonderful parents and the two of you will learn what is best for Miss Kate. You are already off on the right start, trusting in your relationship with God, your relationship with Jared, and rememeber to trust your motherly instincts!

It is such a precious journey, each and every step. I can't wait until the next time we see each other, you'll be a mommy!!!

We are praying for the three of you, and we hope you know how much we love you!
God Bless,
Shavonne

Kristen said...

I'm here for whatever you need! Excited for you!!! Just be ready to be blessed beyond your wildest dreams!

Courtney said...

I think the very fact that you know you don't have what you need to be a good mom on your own makes you the perfect tool for God to use in raising Baby Kate. When we "have it all together" and our agenda is the most important thing, I believe that's when the biggest problems come. My prayers over my babies every night include so many of the exact things you are saying. I pray for their hearts that they will be fully in love with the Lord, that they will walk in His ways and not in mine or anyone else's, that God will open our eyes to the gifts He's given them so that we can encourage and develop those for His glory, and that they will always know how much they are loved by Him and by us. Those are a few of the things I pray and as I do so, that is when I realize that it is truly all possible because I'm not the one in charge. There is so much peace in laying those little ones at His feet knowing that His love outweighs mine immeasurably.

I've said this a million times, but I couldn't be more excited for you two! This richly blessed little girl has no idea how much love is in store for her! What a precious mom you are and will be!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6