Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy 10 Weeks Sweet Kate


The 2 big highlights for Kate this week (and us!) are her smiling and that starting Monday night she slept in her own crib all night long. She is smiling a lot more. Especially when we talk to her. This morning I told her the story of her birth and she just smiled and smiled. She also makes cooing sounds and a sound that sounds like "a-goo!" It just melts my heart. I could live for a whole week on that one "a-goo!" She is continuing her 8-9 hours sleeping during the night and we are so thankful. We have started a little routine at bed where I give her a bath, lotion her up, and then give her a bottle. We bought this little sound machine that plays all sorts of sounds such as the ocean, rain and a heart beat (which I think sounds like a horror movie scene!) The best sound is one of the brahms lullaby. This one really gets her. The second she hears it her little eyes start to droop. It really helps at nap time. It works so well that I can't play it while she is having her bottle or she'll fall asleep right in the middle of the bottle. The last thing I do before I put her in her crib is pray over her. I do not do this enough during the day, but our night time routine provides me with enough quiet time to do this. I pray for her health, her peaceful sleep, and then I thank God so much for blessing me with this wonderful little Kate. I put together this little show for her 10 weeks. The song is called "Miracle" and the chorus says "Hands on a miracle, I've got my hands on a miracle." We feel that way every day! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betsy... I love the pictures nad video-to-music shows of our Sweet Kate! Wow, seeing her in that adorable chair, sitting up all big and proud made my mind do a quick fast forward. . . what if you had her picture taken in that same chair every year on her birthday and special events (kindergarden graduation, first dance, high school first day, wedding? Anyway, let's not get too far out in the future!

I love the a-goo and can't wait to hear it myself. Until then, keep enjoying the special bedtime routine or morning cuddle time. You'll remember it always and so will she, I promise!

Much love,
Tress

GriffinSisters said...

Wow!!
This is wonderful. Kate is truly your very own miracle! I can actually see her hair has grown. The best of all is that she was born into such a loving family with parents that cherish her and will raise her in a Christian home. My heart goes out to so many children that don't have any of this. God Bless the three of you today. Maw

Carolyn said...

What a treat to see this video tonight. Missing family today and made me smile many times to see the obvious love you have for your little girl. I continue to be soooo happy for you! She is beautiful and has a great smile.

I love you Bets.

Thanks for Reecer's birthday call and card - the classic! Was neat to see it sent again but with little Kate's name on it too! Maybe we can talk tomorrow. We had a super special day with our 5 year old miracle!

Bye for now,
Care

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6