Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Waking up Kate

More and more I am having to wake Kate up from her naps instead of waiting for her to cry. She is a good napper so far. The following is a typical scene when I go into wake her up. It's one of the funnier and sweeter parts of my day.




"Kate Elizabeth, it's time to get up sweet girl!"


"Who in the world is that? Maybe if I cover my face she'll get the hint and go away!"


"Oh, it's you again! You're that nice Mommy lady that gives me the bottles."


"Let me think about this...do I really want to get up?"


"You know what? Call me again in five minutes...I'm going to snooze for a little bit longer."

2 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

Golly, this made me laugh out loud!!!
She just get more precious each time you post new pictures! I wanted to thank you and Miss Kate for checking in and leaving a message on Brock's webpage. We appreciate your prayers, know that we are sending love and prayers to the three of you as well. We love you guys so much and hope to see you soon.
God Bless,
Shavonne

Anonymous said...

cynepHahahahahahahahaha! Boy she has part of my family in there somewhere and now I know exactly what it is! Mark and the kids do the same thing, which leaves Michael and I looking for somthing to get into in the early morning hours. Too funny, how did Uncle Gearhead get those genetics over to Kate? Guess they rubbed off with Jared living with us after the Navy.

Anyway, it is really nice to get mommy catnaps in during baby beauty sleep.

Love,
Tress

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6