Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kate the Great at 8..................Weeks

Still trying for the "perfect" mom/daughter shot
Hmmmm...I wonder where Kate gets her big beautiful eyes from?

One of the few times in life where sticking her tongue out at me is actually cute.


Was it a yawn or a smile? You be the judge



What's up Mom? More pictures?



She is showing more and more of her personality every day





Happy Girl






I love this picture it looks like she is about to get up and dance....maybe ready to do the cabbage patch?







And here is the "running man"

"Kate the Great" (as her Uncle Burke calls her) had an eventful week. Much to her parents surprise and delight she slept for 8 straight hours during the night. She has continued this (I hope didn't just jinx myself) for the past 5 nights. Awesome job Kate. Keep the streak alive... Please! This past week was full of sadness for all of us but Kate also got to meet a lot of relatives that she has not seen before. They all got some good Kate holding time. Jared's grandmother (AKA Maw) got to spend some really good time with her. Her Uncles Brig and Burke took care of her while Jared and I were at Mike's funeral and Mimi took care of her over night (Brave Mimi!) while we were in Crosbyton. Kate was a very good girl for everyone who took care of her. Hopefully some consistent smiles are just around the corner. Smiles that actually be caught on camera. Stay tuned.......






4 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

Miss Kate~
It was great getting to meet and hold you! Your pictures are beautiful but they don't do your beauty the justice it deserves. I am very sorry about the circumstance we got to meet you under but I'm so proud to say that I've met, held, and kissed you.
You are such a lucky young lady to have such a wonderful Mommy and Daddy who love you so much. You take care of them.
God Bless,
Shavonne

Courtney said...

Sweet girl! Way to go, sleeping for Mommy!

GriffinSisters said...

Hi there
I can't tell you what a joy it was to finally get to hold Kate The Great. She is such a doll and so beautiful. Even at a sad time, it gave me comfort and peace to hold her and rock her to sleep. Love, Maw

Carolyn said...

What a sweetheart! I am gonna call instead of comment. Love you know that we are remembering to pray for you!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6