Friday, July 3, 2009

Carson at 5 Months




Our boy is 5 months old and boy oh boy is he exploring everything around him. This wonderful boy that we affectionately call "Bubba" because that's what his sister calls him is our chubby boy of cuddly love. He weighs 6 lbs less (16 lbs) than Kate and is gaining on her. His new tricks include starting to stand supported and sitting for a little bit with no support. He uses a funny "four legged" approach when he gets tired and doesn't want to sit up all of the way. He resembles a cute little chubby monkey. Carson loves to be read to. He will sit there with excitement while I read to him. We were reading a book about firetrucks and police cars the other day. He was bouncing around with so much excitement I thought he was going to jump right out of my lap! He is still bald except for a little fringe of hair in the back. I noticed today that he is growing some new hair on top. Very exciting. His eyes are still big and blue. His chubbiness is beyond compare and we all love tickling him as he screeches with laughter. He is still waking up to say Hi at least once a night. But there are times like last night when he sleeps right through. He is a smiley boy and still loves to cuddle. Nothing is better than coming home from a long day of work and holding him close while he snoozes away. It is very relaxing for both of us. His bedtime is around 8:30 to 9 and he wakes up at 7 almost on the dot usually talking in his crib. And usually when I go into get him he flashes me a big "Good Morning Mom!" grin. Very soon I am going to start him on some rice cereal. I know that he probably should have already started judging from his appetite but he's my baby and I just don't want to rush it! It just seems like he is hitting his milestones quicker than Kate did. I can tell that he is on the brink of some very exciting things this next month. Sitting up for a longer period of time, standing supported, and maybe rolling over (if he wants to of course).Stay tuned for the sixth month update......



Happy Bubba!



Our little Monkey







Working the table

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6