Monday, July 20, 2009

My Little Fishies

I love to swim and I want my kids to love to swim also. So I have to say that my heart sank a little when we walked Kate into the little kiddie pool at our neighborhood pool and she seemed afraid of the water. We couldn't figure it out. Sure she was timid when we took her to the big pool last time but this was different. This was a holding tight to your neck for dear life kind of fear. I saw a look in her eyes that I have never seen in her short 17 months. It was definitely fear. I do have to say that Carson on the other hand was having the time of his life. When I took him in the big pool later he was splashing and kicking for all he was worth. It was great. A true water baby. He was actually trying to jump out of my arms as if to say, "Alright Mom, now I've got it. Let me go and see what I can do!" I told him I was pretty sure that he could not do the freestyle and at 6 months I was just not willing to chance it.Jared decided to take Kate to the big pool and she calmed down. Hmmm...small baby pool= freak out, Big Pool=calm. This girl always keeps us guessing. As you can tell by this video Kate is not going to have a problem with the water. I'm so proud of my two little fishies. If you'll notice when the camera cuts away to Carson that is not a look of pride for Big sister, it was a look of pure jealousy. He so wanted to go into the water again. Priss was in a bad mood when we started out, but I had to capture the cuteness of the swimsuit. And then there's Bubby, happy for any new adventure! Love those ears!

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6