Monday, July 13, 2009

Remember Us?

Jared and I went to Arizona this past week end. It was a great time of rest, relaxation, and reconnection. It was good to talk about something other than poopy diapers or that missing 7th bottle that we can't seem to find (the great mystery of our lives right now.) We talked about our hopes for the future, for our marriage,and our kids. We talked about his Dad and how much he would have loved this trip. I showed Jared where I went to high school and the house that we lived in.

We even got some great ice cream at the Sugar Bowl, an ice cream place that has been a Scottsdale tradition since 1958.




But the main idea of this trip was golf! And lots of it! Unlimited golf for 3 days.We played 54 holes of golf in all. One round each day. It was awesome and I now know why Jared loves this game so much. It is both frustrating and fascinating all at the same time. It is a roller coaster of a game. I am still learning but I love every minute of it. Jared is a great teacher and so patient. We enjoyed our first two days when we played McCormick Ranch Golf course but I think we would both agree our last day was the best. We played Silverado Golf course and it was so beautiful and scenic. All of the tee boxes were set up high off of the fairway. We also both had our best scores of the trip. I broke 100 with a 98 and managed to get 5pars (a big deal to a novice golfer like me :)) And Jared shot his all time best score of 78. For those of you who don't golf, that score is really incredible. I love golf. Mainly because I get to be with my most favorite person in the whole world for 4 straight hours with no interruptions. The trip was wonderful and relaxing. We ordered room service every night and slept 10 hours every night. Practical bliss to parents of young ones. But we loved coming back to the kids. We missed them so much we caught an earlier flight back so that we could be with them before they went to bed. Our friends Jodi and Derek took care of the kids for us. I am recommending them both for sainthood. Hudson and Kate are 10 days apart so they basically had twins and Carson for the week end. They gave us the best gift: peace of mind. Although we missed our babies we never worried about them because we knew they were having fun and being loved.That made us relax and enjoy our week end. We are so thankful to God for blessing us with this time together this week end. It blessed our marriage beyond measure.

What a beautiful swing!

Going through the tunnel to the back 9

Novice golfer

The sunrise from our hotel balcony


A view from McCormick Ranch- 18th green

Yes that's his follow through, but he didn't miss the ball. It was a practice swing!

Jared showing off his 78 scorecard. It was so much fun to watch him, he was like a kid on Christmas Day!

A view from the 14th tee box of the Silverado course

A view from the Silverado Course

1 comments:

Tress said...

This looks like so much FUN! Glad you 2 were able to take some time together, always important! And the 10 hours uninterrupted sleep...PURE BLISS!

Tress

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6