Thursday, July 2, 2009

Memories are Made of This

Here are some memories from the past few days. They seem to come fast and furious and are never ending. Jared and I are endlessly blessed.

1. Kate removing the bottle from her mouth turning to her brother and saying, "Hi Bubba!"
2. Looking over to see Kate rubbing Carson's head to comfort him as he's crying
3. Kate tickling Carson on the tummy and saying "Dipa dipa dipa" (tickle, tickle, tickle)
4. Carson sitting up all on his own for a long extended period
5. Carson standing supported on the activity table
6. Kate showing Carson all about the activity table until she realizes he is getting too familiar with it and shouting "No!"
7. Giving Kate a bath and hearing two plops only to look down and realize that she has pooped in the bath tub. So ladylike. I couldn't stop laughing!
8. Carson wrapping his chubby little arm around my neck as I was putting him down the other night. As you can imagine we cuddled a little while longer.
9. Kate grabbing both of my hands (has to be both hands) so that I can sing twinkle twinkle little star while she moves her hips back and forth like a hula girl
10. Carson squealing with glee all the way to daycare and all the way home that same afternoon
11. Smiling at Carson and him shooting me that fantastic sideways grin
12. Kate sharing a bowl of cherries with her Daddy. As she is saying "mmmmmm" cherry juice running down her chin
13, Kate giving out big sloppy kisses before bedtime and in the morning when she wakes up
14. Kate blowing kisses to her teachers at daycare when she leaves
15 Carson intently staring at kate watching every move she makes
16 Teaching Kate the word apple and when I point to the picture of an apple she says, "Appo!"
17. Cuddling with Carson as he takes his "right before I get ready for bed" nap
18. Carson staring at his Daddy to get his attention and smiling huge when he does
19. Kate giving Carson a kiss with out us prompting

So many sweet memories. I just needed to come here and write them down. Living and loving in the moment!

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Awesome! Glad you recorded that stuff - made me smile. You have some sweet babies that's for sure.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6