Monday, May 24, 2010

I Need to Share

I am so filled with gratitude, love, joy, peace, thanksgiving. I have a new favorite song called "How He Loves" by the David Crowder Band. I just want to play it in one continuous loop. I really feel His love for me. Is that crazy to say at 35? I never knew what God was really like until just now. It doesn't embarass me to say that. I just didn't get it. I didn't get how much He cared about me.I didn't get it. I didn't understand His love for me. I didn't understand how He could really care about ME. How I was special to Him when He had about a trillion other people to love. But lately I know that He cares. I know He loves me. I know that He is persuing me. What an incredible feeling.
I could tell you any story in the Bible. I was raised on Bible stories. But God's love, peace and forgiveness was not understood by me until just lately. Lately I feel like I have won the lottery. We are not rich. No way. Probably the most "financially challenged" we have ever been but I feel rich. I feel like I am living a new life. Having kids definitely opens up new worlds. God's plan is right there in front of your face everyday when you have kids. They are so innocent to the ways of the world and insecurities. I tell them God loves them and they believe it with out reservation. I tell adults God loves them and they say, "Yes but...." Could it be my wonderful job that I have? Being at home with my kids has been my greatest blessing. I drink it in, I soak it up, I just revel in it. I feel triumphant. Carson was hanging from my leg all day, Kate was having a "No!" day, I still feel triumphant. I am finally getting it and I feel so grateful. God's love is TRULY amazing. My one prayer is that it won't take Kate and Carson this long to "get it."

3 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Love that song. You should check into the Passion conference. It's mostly for college students but you could go. David Crowder and a lot of those folks lead the worship there. There is a conference in Ft. Worth in April. Or you could get a CD. :o)

http://268generation.com/passion2011/#/ftworth

Unknown said...

Just passing by and smiled and smiled.

Courtney said...

I love that song so much! What an incredible thing to learn more and more every day of how He loves us and yet to know that we can still only understand the smallest piece of His great love!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6