Monday, May 31, 2010

A Memorable Memorial Day

Today was a great day. We celebrated Memorial Day by having Jared's family over for some lunch. We did go swimming but I did not take any pictures which is just as well. Kate seemed to forget how much fun swimming was and spent the 10 minutes that we were there crying and saying, "All Done!" over and over again. Carson wasn't exactly brimming with excitement either so we packed it up and headed home for naps. After the kids got up we took a good walk around the neighborhood and Kate enjoyed a icee pop and Carson enjoyed working on his walking skills up and down the driveway. Warning: Lot of pictures ahead. :)

The day started with a little Daddy and Son together time


A Memorial Day wreath AKA a 4th of July wreath

On a separate non holiday note. My kids have finally started to be interested in DVDs. Well, one DVD to be exact but it's a start.




These may look like regular cupcakes.....

But there's a little red, white, and blue patriotism going on inside


Brothers



Ah Jay!

My fellow camera fanatic Blair



Nena

Kate loves her Nena!



Carson's hair was so cute and wild today

Kate had her first icee pop and of course she loved it


Carson's night consisted of walking up and down the driveway,

chasing a plastic bag,

and spotting planes. In other words he had a blast!

Bye bye!

1 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Oh, it looks like you guys had a blast!!!

And I love all your craftiness! I told Burke he wanted a sewing machine for his first Father's day...he'll love it, right??

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6